Train Sim World
Train Sim World 2 Roadmap - 10 November
Find out what's upcoming for Train Sim World 2 in our latest Roadmap update!
There's a lot of action in this Roadmap update as we have started to transition from the work being done on Preserved Collection. The Preservation Crew are now focusing on improvements, fixes and upgrades to the game while the core team continue to improve overall performance and tool development.
You'll notice that a new section has been added at the end of the Roadmap that covers items which have either been dropped from the Roadmap or have completed investigation but won't be worked on further. In a few cases reports have been investigated but cannot be replicated, so there's not path for any work to be done. In others we've investigated reports suspected to be errors but are actually working as designed.
The AMD/Ryzen issues have been removed from the Roadmap as we have tested drivers with the game and believe these problems are now resolved. If you're still having trouble when playing with AMD/Ryzen please get in touch with the technical support team who'll be able to point you in the right direction.
Key: ▲ Moved up ▼ Moved down ★ New listing ¹ Tracking only
- [Fix] Isle Of Wight - Passenger light switch bug
- [Fix] Isle Of Wight - LOD bug on console
- [Fix] Isle Of Wight - Timetable update to include arrival times
- [Fix] Isle Of Wight - Update to hitboxes around buttons / switches
- [Fix] Ruhr-Sieg Nord Service Mode - Coal Services getting stuck when substituted for DB BR 185.2
- [Fix] Removal of Rail Tour formation from East Coastway Scenario Planner
- [Fix] Miles Platting crash
- [Fix] Crash reports from players with AMD GPUs
- [Fix] Crash reports from players with Ryzen CPUs
- ★ [Fix] West Somerset Railway: Resolved an issue on the BR Class 47 tutorial whereby game flow could get stuck on the engine start objective.
- ★ [Fix] East Coastway: Resolved an issue with a signal that could lead to sessions ending through false SPAD (Signal Passed At Danger).
- ★ [Fix] Main-Spessart Bahn: Revised the top speed for DB BR 146/2 to 160 km/h
- ★ [Fix] Main-Spessart Bahn: Adjusted the DB BR 185/2 and DB BR 146/2 traction audio cues to remove artefacts in the sample looping.
- ★ [Fix] Main-Spessart Bahn: Resolved instances where cab audio occlusion could fail when standing up in the DB BR 146/2 and Doppelstockwagen.
- ★ [Fix] Ruhr-Sieg Nord: Resolved instances where cab audio occlusion could fail when standing up in the DB BR 143 and DB BR 185/2 locos.
- ★ [Fix] Ruhr-Sieg Nord: Resolved an issue whereby tractive effort was not reflected correctly on the Doppelstockwagen HUD.
- [Improvement] Improved memory optimisations toward increased stability
- [Improvement] Expansion of BR182 train formation options in the Scenario Designer
- [Loco Add-On] DGG-L7 01 - DB BR 363 (For Ruhr-Sieg Nord)
- [Preserved Collection] GDG-R7 01 - Great Western Express
- [Preserved Collection] GDF-R5 01 - Northern Trans-Pennine: Manchester – Leeds
- ▲ [Fix] Powering America Part 1 – Resolved poor player experience
- ▲ [Fix] Cumberland Charge experiences red signals and yard entry issue
- ★ [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876-A -Coal - Cumberland to Shaw Mine - Cannot leave the yard due to a being blocked by two other locomotives (from service X793) - Happens on multiple services leaving cumberland yard.
- ★ [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876-B - Coal -Yoder to Cumberland - The EOTD is located on the front of the lead loco, instead of the rear of the train.
- ★ [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876-D Coal - Yoder to Cumberland - The game crashes to the Xbox Dashboard upon entering the Cumberland Yard
- ★ [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Y103 - Westbound Delivery - wagon drop off point leaves them across junctions obstructing the player
- ★ [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Y103 Westbound Delivery - Player is blocked by two locomotives in Cumberland Yard
- ★ [Fix] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876-B - Coal - loading at Shaw mine - Slow Speed setting does not seem to work with trailing loco attached. Will run too fast.
- ★ [Improvement] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Q217 timing improved
- ★ [Improvement] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876 timing improved
- ★ [Improvement] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Y103 objectives improved
- ★ [Improvement] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Overall stopping positions for train instructions
- ★ [Improvement] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Checked all westbound trains to resolve any clashes with departures from Cumberland
- ▲ [Loco Add-On] NDD-L7 02 - CSX C40-8W (For Sand Patch Grade)
- ▲ [Preserved Collection] GDD-L5 03 - BR Heavy Freight Pack
- [Fix] Go-Via instructions asking players to wait until an alloted time in "ICE to Meet You" scenario on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln
- ▲ [Fix] Isle Of Wight additional fixes
- ★ [Fix] Red signals encountered in Scenario Planner for Northern Trans-Pennine
- ★ [Fix] Red signals encountered in Scenario Planner for Great Western Express
- [Improvement] Expansion of Rapid Transit train formation options in the Scenario Designer
- [Improvement] Expansion of Schnellfahrstrecke Köln train formation options in the Scenario Designer
- ▲ [Route Add-On] FBB-R7 01 - LGV Méditerranée: Marseille - Avignon. With SNCF TGV Duplex
- ▲ [Upgrade] Raildriver and external hardware support
- [Feature] Train Sim World 2 Mastery
- [Fix] Localisation correction on introduction video subtitles.
- [Fix] Reports of Player Objectives being scrambled upon resuming from a save game
- [Fix] Reinstate London landmarks for Console on Bakerloo Line
- [Fix] One of the Hard Hat collectibles is placed behind an invisible wall
- [Fix] Medals and Scoring is not provided on the Schnellfahrstrecke Köln timetable
- [Fix] Out of Memory reports caused by particular routes or trains (EXPAND - reword - optimisation)
- [Fix] Trains spawning backwards in Scenario Designer
- ▲ [Fix] Several Timetable services experiencing a game crash approximately 2km from Köln.
- ▲ [Fix] Reports of a game crash for Peninsula Corridor.
- [Loco Add-On] GCC-L7 01 - Class 313 EMU (For East Coastway)
- [Loco Add-On] DKK-L7 02 - DB BR 187 (Developed by Skyhook Games)
- [Route Add-On] GBC-R7 01 - Southeastern High Speed: London St Pancras - Faversham. With BR Class 395 EMU, BR Class 375 EMU
- [Route Add-On] NDD-R7 02 - Cane Creek. With UP AC4400CW & SD40-2. (Developed by Skyhook Games)
- [Route Add-On] NDD-R5 01 - Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn - Dante. With CRR F7 A&B and SD40
- [Upgrade] Livery Designer compatibility for Preserved Collection
- [Fix] Scenario Designer initial selection focus issue
- [Fix] Settings not being saved between game sessions
- [Fix] Invisible wall blocking navigation of Elephant & Castle station on Bakerloo Line
- [Fix] Peninsula Corridor fix overlapping wagons
- [Fix] Ruhr-Sieg Nord pathing error fix
- [Fix] Stop NPCs crossing the tracks at level crossings on Rapid Transit
- [Fix] Dynamic Brakes not working correctly on CSX AC4400 on Sand Patch Grade
- [Improvement] Scenario Start indication issue in Scenario Designer
- [Improvement] Expansion of services in the timetable for Bakerloo Line
- [Improvement] Expansion of Sand Patch Grade train formation options in the Scenario Designer
- [Improvement] Expansion of Peninsula Corridor train formation options in the Scenario Designer
- [Improvement] Add Safety System Indicators to the HUD
- [Improvement] User guides and manuals
- [Improvement] Standard download size reduction
- [Improvement] Change "Do you want to end this session" popup from Yes to No by default
- [Improvement] Stop Points on Bakerloo Line are not aligned with the platform monitors
- [Improvement] Horn control on the BR406 has a forced delay before it can be reused, preventing multiple tone application
- [Improvement] Add full length platform 'climb up' function to Preserved Collection routes
- [Investigate] Gold Panning trophy reported as not unlocking
- [Investigate] Signals do not clear if AI trains are run infront of the player on Long Island Railroad for user created scenarios
- [Investigate] Audio issues being reported for recent Preserved Collection releases
- [Investigate] HUD reported as not working correctly for the MP36PH-3C Baby Bullet locomotive.
- [Investigate] In-cab controls for the Headlights on the BR 143 are reported as not working
- [Investigate] Adding layers to Hauptstrecke München - Augsburg on console
- [Investigate] Sand Patch Grade Service Mode - Reviewing reported issues
- ★ [Investigate] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - N542-A - Load Coal - The player's service is failed by SPAD approximately 1.9mi from the next signal (500 yards from the second objective)
- ★ [Investigate] Aachen to Köln - On arrival to Düren Platform 5 the player has to open the doors on the opposite side to the platform, in order to trigger the objective.
- ★ [Investigate] Playing a scenario on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln, passing a signal at danger sends you back to the beginning rather than the previous checkpoint.
- ★ [Investigate] Door command not working on Talent 2.
- [Loco Add-On] GCC-L7 02 - Class 465 EMU (For Southeastern High Speed)
- [Loco Add-On] DKK-L7 01 - DB BR 101 (For Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen)
- [Route Add-On] CBB-R7 01 - Arosa Line With RhB Ge 4/4 II (Developed by Rivet Games)
- [Route Add-On] DBB-R7 05 - Hamburg – Lübeck. With DB BR 112 + Doppelstockwagen & MRCE BR 182
- ★ [Upgrade] Add PIS to Long Island Railroad DLC
- ★ [Upgrade] Add PIS to East Coastway DLC
Removed from Roadmap
These items represent projects that are no longer being pursued. Where the item cannot be reproduced it does not mean that we won't come back to it, rather that as it stands we have no path to continue work.
- [Cannot Reproduce] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876-A - Coal - A signal is locked to red approximately 5.4 miles from Hyndman.
- [Cannot Reproduce] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - U876-D Coal - Yoder to Cumberland - When moving the locomotive to couple at the other end of the wagons a signal is locked to red blocking the player.
- [Cannot Reproduce] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Y103 & Y104 Brakes Not Releasing.
- [Working as designed] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Y104 & Y107 Cars requiring coupling are locked by default. They require unlocking and then re-locking next to the loco to couple.
- [Working as designed] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - Y106 Refuel Service - The service is missing the refuelling objective. Instead it skips over this part.
- [Working as designed] Sand Patch Grade Timetable - N542 Coal - Rockwood to Cumberland - Speed Limits after Hyndman appear to reflect passenger limits not freight.
Join us today, Tuesday November 10th at 20:00 UTC, on Twitch or YouTube where Adam and Sam will be discussing the latest Roadmap and answering your questions
Images displayed in this article may depict content that is still in development. The licensed brands may not have been approved by their respective owner and some artwork may still be pending approval.
Train Sim World
Train Sim World 2 Roadmap - 10 November