ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our Sites. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to our Sites. Your use of our Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our Terms.
The Site operated by RailSimulator.com Limited (“We”, “Our” or “Us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 6751125. Our registered office and trading address is 3rd Floor North, Fitted Rigging House, Anchor Wharf, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TZ, UK. Our VAT number is GB 948 5431 91. We are a limited company.
You may use Our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use Our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of Our Site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, reverse engineer, damage or disrupt or procure any of the foregoing:
- any part of our Site and its content;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site;
- any product or services used in relation to or appearing on our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation:
- Product Forums
- Social Media
- Comments and Articles Forum
- User Sharing Functions
- Interactive Reading Lists
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate in any way any interactive service we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor (anyone under the age of 16) is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them before they are permitted to use them by their parent or guardian.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise and set out details of our policy in relation to the take down, review and possible removal of moderated content.
These content standards apply to any and all material or content (including, text, speech, sounds and audio visual content) which you contribute to our Site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Be your own original piece of work and should not plagiarize others' work.
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe or be alleged to infringe or likely to infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark, trade secret, privacy, publicity, personal, proprietary rights or other intellectual property rights of any other person. Therefore with regard to existing articles, news reports, music, video clips or other copyright material you will generally need the explicit permission of the relevant copyright owners.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from Us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Must not involve any flooding, spamming or advertising. Flooding is when the same comment is posted over and over in the same forum; spamming is the posting of the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum. All advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail and any other forms of commercial solicitation are prohibited.
- contain unsuitable or irrelevant website addresses or URLs. Links to pornography, commercial or other inappropriate content may be deleted.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of Our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to Our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.